Communications & Social Media Executive
Job Type - Permanent Full-time 40 hrs per week
Location - Rotherham (some days in our Sheffield office and WFH options)
Salary - £25k
Looking for a role that directly supports the growth of the business while giving you the opportunity to grow your own skills?
At Mattress Online, we’re always thinking bigger……and that applies as much to our people as it does our company.
We’re looking for a Communications & Social Media Executive to join our recently expanded PR & Communications department. You’ll be proactively playing a key role in supporting both the internal and external Mattress Online brand.
This is a varied position that could be a perfect opportunity to get back into the workplace after a career break, or for someone who has recently left education and is ready to kick start their career - the potential of some home working will be an option after a successful probationary period.
What’s the job look like?
Reporting to the Head of PR & Communications, you’ll be a vital member of a small team supporting the day to day communications functions of the business.
We’re looking for a friendly and approachable person to engage with our team through online internal channels and in person, and to help Mattress Online share who we are to our external partners and customers via social media.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Writing and creating inspiring internal communications emails and updates to staff
- Ideation and creation of social media posts for all our platforms
- Supporting with strategic partnerships communications and industry relationships
- Championing and facilitating the staff health & wellbeing programme - planning and executing events
- Manage our intranet day-to-day and help to expand the platform
- Uploading news releases to our corporate press page
- Liaising with all areas of the business and external partners on behalf of the Head of PR & Comms.
- Ad-hoc tasks related to the role
What you’ll need to be successful
At Mattress Online, we believe in looking after our team, so they can make our customers feel comfy. We don’t do hard or pushy selling. We take a more human and caring approach - and this applies to our people too.
We’re looking for a Communications & Social Media Executive who can demonstrate the following;
- Confident and clear communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to work independently and effectively
- Be passionate about social media creation and help us elevate our presence on social media platforms
- Have an interest in staff health and wellbeing to proactively champion our programme to the team
- Enjoy creating engaging content and coming up with new ideas
- Be passionate about helping shape this new role in a small but vital function of this fast growing business.
- A can-do attitude and a sense of humour with perspective
- Experience using Google suite is desirable but training will be given
Working at Mattress Online
This is a great time to be joining Mattress Online. We have ambitious growth plans, which means opportunities for ambitious people to grow their careers. You’ll be joining a relationship-focused leadership team and given training in our ways of working. We have a friendly and welcoming company culture underpinned by our core values;
- We care
- We think bigger
- We’re always learning
- We do the right thing
- We’re human
You’ll also benefit from the following:
- Enhanced annual leave allowance: 33 days (inc bank holidays)
- Staff discounts
- Career development and support
- Staff Health and Wellbeing Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Westfield Health Scheme
If you want to be part of our growth journey, then it’s time to think bigger about your next career move. Apply via email with a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org