Mattress Online Comfort Trial
Here at Mattress Online, every mattress comes with a free sleep trial of at least 60 nights.
Every mattress has a 60-Night Comfort Trial as standard, but you may see some mattresses with an extended trial, for example
- 100-Night Comfort Trials
- 365-Night Comfort Trials
The terms and conditions for each type of comfort trial are exactly the same except for the length of the trial. Read on for more information.
How our comfort trials work:
- The comfort trial will be activated as soon as your mattress arrives at your house.
- You must use a mattress protector throughout the trial period to keep it safe in case you wish to exchange it.
- We require you to sleep on the mattress for at least 30 nights before requesting a mattress exchange, as new mattresses can take some getting used to.
- If you don’t fall in love with your mattress within your trial period, let us know before your trial period ends.
- We will then swap your current mattress for the mattress of your choice.
- Before we collect your mattress and deliver your new one, we’ll send you a mattress bag. Please re-package your mattress ready for collection. If you have a rolled mattress, please do not attempt to re-roll it.
- Please make sure the old mattress is ready for collection on the day of your new delivery
Terms and conditions
- Your mattress is limited to one exchange per mattress ordered. An alternative mattress model of the same size must be chosen.
- Only the original purchaser can invoke the Comfort Trial - you will also need proof of purchase.
- The Comfort Trial only applies to mattresses that remain within the UK.
- You can select another mattress from our website as a replacement - look to exchange your mattress for something else within the same brand, wherever possible.
- If the replacement mattress you’ve chosen is more expensive than your original purchased mattress, we will ask you to pay the difference in price. Please note that you would be required to pay any difference by credit or debit card over the phone; we would be unable to apply the additional amount to any payment plan you might have in place.
- If the replacement mattress you’ve chosen is priced lower than the mattress you originally purchased, we cannot refund the difference.
- However, if the replacement mattress you’ve chosen is similar in cost to your original purchased mattress but slightly cheaper - up to £100 cheaper - we will give you the difference in credit to spend on the site. For example, if you originally purchased a £500 mattress and swap it for a £410 mattress, you will be given £90 credit to use on the site. If the difference in price is greater than £100, you will not have the opportunity to receive either credit or a refund.
- All original packaging can be removed, but the mattress needs to be returned in a clean and presentable condition.
- The Comfort Trials do not apply if you have:
- not used a mattress protector
- misused or damaged your mattress (including accidental damage)
- repaired or altered your mattress in any way
- neglected to keep it clean, or it shows wear and tear
- It’s your responsibility to get in touch with us to claim your Comfort Trial and arrange the exchange.
- We will collect your old mattress and deliver your new mattress as soon as possible, but this will depend on the availability of the new mattress you have chosen. For example:
- If we have your re-selected mattress in stock, we can have your new mattress with you in a few days.
- If your re-selected mattress is not in stock, we will need to wait for it to come into stock before we can deliver it to you.
Do beds and accessories come with a Comfort Trial?
At the moment, we do not currently offer a Comfort Trial on any products other than mattresses.
What type of mattress can I choose in my exchange?
If you decide that your new mattress just isn’t right for you, you can swap it for another mattress of the same size on our site. You can choose from many different types, though try to swap your mattress for one that is of the same brand as your original purchase.
If you choose a more expensive replacement mattress, we will ask you to pay the difference. If you choose a lower-priced item, we will not be able to refund the difference in price.
Do I have to pay for the Comfort Trial?
No - all of our Comfort Trials are free!
Can you refund my mattress on the Comfort Trial?
When does the Comfort Trial start?
As soon as your mattress arrives at your house.
Do I have to keep the original packaging of the mattress?
No - as long as the mattress is in a clean condition and has been re-wrapped in the mattress bag we send out before the collection date, we will be happy to take it.
What will you do with my old mattress?
We will recycle your exchanged mattress to avoid it going into landfill!